Wednesday, August 1, 2012

1 Timothy 6

17 Command those who are rich in this present world not to be arrogant nor to put their hope in wealth, which is so uncertain, but to put their hope in God, who richly provides us with everything for our enjoyment. 18 Command them to do good, to be rich in good deeds, and to be generous and willing to share.

So often we get caught up in material things. I know that I can certainly get consumed with making sure that my kids have everything they need.

Sadly I seem to have some sort of twisted view as to what they need. It almost feels like it's never enough. I have already put away 4 totes of size 3T clothes that Adam has out grown awaiting for Jonathan to grow into. And I lent out probably another 2 totes. And he still has some 3T stuff in his drawers!

Last time I put clothes away for Jonathan, he had 13 pairs of jeans....

I own 3.

But if someone asks me "hey do you need clothes for your boys?" without fail I say YES! Fearful that if I ever turn down hand me downs that they would just stop altogether. And that would be scary for me. I have been blessed with hand me downs for my boys forever and to have to buy new cloths for them all the time, I don't think I would be able to afford it! Hand me downs are AWESOME! I love them!

wow, that was a LONG rabbit trail. Sorry!

So back to the point, so often we put worth into these tangible items that we can touch and feel and buy, when instead we should be value into our Creator.

In church we have been discussing crowns. The crowns that we can earn here on Earth for when we spend eternity in heaven.

That is what we need to focus on. HEAVEN!

Everything we have here on Earth will just go away... but Heaven is eternal... it won't go away.

So what are you focusing on? Trying to be the coolest and have the coolest things here on Earth.... or on pleasing God and earning your crowns?

No comments:

Post a Comment