Thursday, August 2, 2012

1 Samual 16:7


I did a Beth Moore Bible study on David. That was the first time I read this verse.

This scene is where Samuel is at Jesse's house looking for the next king. The obvious choice was one of David's big brothers. They looked kingly... David did not. He was small and wimpy. He was but a Shepard. But saw in David's heart, and knew that he had what it took to be king.

I love David's story. It has ups and downs and twists and turns. So much of David's life and his psalms have brought a real place in my heart.

I have been through so much in my short life here on Earth. But I have never been chased to be killed as David had.

One aspect of David's life that I really like is that God calls him a man after God's own heart, and yet David sinned. He took on more than one wife. He had Bathsheba's husband killed! I mean David was FAR from perfect... and yet God saw his heart.

What is in your heart?

What is it that God sees? Are you showing everyone else one picture but really inside living another way?

Take today and ask God to show you what He sees.

No comments:

Post a Comment