Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Power of our Tongues

Proverbs 18:21 says, "The tongue has the power of life and death, and those who
love it will eat its fruit."


What we say has the power of life and death. Words hurt, and can hurt deeply. And you can't get them back. Once they are said you can't unsay them.

I know that I have inserted my foot in my mouth more times than I can count. I have said things just to hurt someone else because I was hurting.

We have to take responsibility of our words, and understand the deep lasting effects they can have on another person. Sometimes out of anger we say things we don't mean and wish we could take back. And instead we have to do damage control. Or we will just chalk it up to, I was angry it doesn't count. Or I didn't mean it.

You said it.
You meant it.
Even if you do regret it now, you meant it.

"Confession, repentance, and forgiveness are the only ways to deal with anger. You have to confess and repent of sins you have committed as a result of your anger. You have to move back toward God and seek forgiveness from God, yourself, and the other person," says Dr. Robert Abarno.



It's so awesome that we have a God that will forgive us.

Ask Him! He will say yes. You just have to ask.


"Then I acknowledged my sin to you and did not cover up my iniquity. I said, 'I
will confess my transgressions to the LORD'--and you forgave the guilt of my
sin" (Psalm 32:5).

"I confess my iniquity; I am troubled by my sin" (Psalm 38:18).







No comments:

Post a Comment