Thursday, July 26, 2012

Joy

James 1:2-5
2 Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters,[a] whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3 because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. 4 Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. 5 If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you

This verse is often quoted whenever we as Christians go through any rough patch.

I find it to be annoyingly helpful! I mean I totally understand what it's saying and why it's in the Bible, but sometimes you just want to have a pity party. I mean common! Sometimes I think about that book, the one ... Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day... It is a cute kids book about all the things that go wrong in a little boy's day.

Sometimes that is how I feel my life is. Every time one more thing happens that I have to deal with, and get through it's like o geez what else!

Luckily I have gotten to a place that 1. I nearly laugh now with this kind of news because it's like yup... I should have expect that because it's my life, and 2. I have found that no matter where I am or what is going on God is with me. And knowing that, having that complete peace of knowing without a shadow of a doubt that He will be with me, walking next to me it makes even scary things feel like a piece of cake.

My oldest son was hit with a sudden strabismus, after 2 months of patching and then another 2 months of waiting for an appointment with a pediatric opthamologist, she was very concerned that he may have a brain tumor. Now yes, this news is scary. And I was scared, but waiting in the waiting room while he got the MRI I just had peace. I knew that no matter what the outcome that God was going to be us. Luckily the MRI showed no tumor, and now we are in recovery from his strabismus surgery.

I have to be honest, when you commit your life to God, and you allow Him to take care of you, life is better. You have no reason to worry (which is a sin by the way) no need to fret about things because your heavenly Father will take care of it.

Have you done this? Committed your life to Him?

I beg you to do it now. Commit your life to Jesus. Ask Him to forgive you for your sins, and believe that He died and rose again. Give yourself as an offering to God. Tell Him to change your heart, to match your desires to His desires!

God loves you, more than you'll ever know! He wants to fill your life with blessings and peace and love and joy! Joy even in the trials! Won't you open up your heart to Him? Ask you and you shall recieve!

No comments:

Post a Comment